For effective management of the organization and the control of its activity, continuous access to the most important information required to achieve the goal is necessary. In this context, it becomes relevant to visualize data using visualizations or dashboards that can be used to compact information and shorten analysis time.
The article looks at historical insight into data visualization, from the introduction of charts to dashboards. With the development of information technology, a large number of software products came onto the market. They not only enable the display of report data on a screen, but also the continuous acquisition of the analyzed data. These products include Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.
As part of the training process within the discipline «Information Technologies in Management» students are offered to create dashboards to get to know the concept using MS Excel, which has basic tabular data that needs to be analyzed, and MS Visio, which creates dashboard prototypes. At the same time, the creation of a summary table in MS Excel is offered for the primary analysis of large tables.
1. Rytchenko E.P. Formation and development of management reporting / E.P. Ryt-chenko // Engineering Bulletin of the Don. 2011. Volume 3. P. 189–198.
2. Eckerson W.W. Dashboards as a management tool: key performance indicators, monitoring activities, evaluating results: trans. from English M .: Alpina Business Books, 2007. 396 p.
3. Kaplan R.S., Norton D.P. Balanced scorecard. From strategy to action: Per. from English 2nd ed. M .: Olimp – Business, 2006. 320 p.
4. Friendly M. A Brief History of Data Visualization. - Springer – Verlag, 2006.
5. John W. Tukey. The Future of Data Analysis. Ann. Math Statist. 33 (1962), no. 1, 1–67.
6. John Tukey. Analysis of the results of observations. Exploratory analysis. - M .: Mir, 1981. - 696 p.
7. Karl Anderson. Analytical culture. From data collection to business results. - M .: Mann, Ivanov and Ferber, 2017. - 336 p.
8. Dashboards, strategic and tactical [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.uplab.ru/blog/dashbordy-strategicheskie-i-takticheskie/
9. Smirnov A. Overview of systems for creating dashboards: Tableau, Qlik, Power BI [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.uplab.ru/blog/review–systems–for–creating–dashboards/
10. 38 best tools for data visualization [Electronic resource]. URL: https://toplead.com.ua/ru/blog/id/38–luchshih–instrumentov–dlja–vizualizacii–dannyh–160/
11. Velcu – Laitinen O., Yigitbasioglu O.M. The International Journal of Digital Accounting Re-search. vol. 12, 2012, pp. 39–58 [Electronic resource]. URL: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e4b4/9e2463d016f55b4df91972d84e0853fea4...
12. Erkollar A., Oberer B. Multidimensional dashboards for multi-brand companies ’evaluative strategic brand-new man- agement processes // Procedures - Social and Behavioral Sciences 235 (2016), pp. 505-513 /
13. Michaelis S.I. Formation of information and communication competence of the manager // Information technologies and problems of mathematical modeling of complex systems. 2016. No. 17. P. 147–150.
14. Michaelis S.I., Cherepanova A.L. Experience in the development and teaching of the course "Information Technologies in Management" at the Irkutsk State University of Communications // Information technologies and problems of mathematical modeling of complex systems. 2016. No. 16. P. 79–84.
15. Lotfullin R. Creating the simplest dashboard in Visio - importing data from Excel into Visio [Electronic resource]. URL: http://exceltip.ru/creation- of the simplest- dashboard-v-visio-imp/
16. Lotfullin R. What is a dashboard? [Electronic resource]. URL: http://exceltip.ru/ what-such -dashboard-dashboard/